2021 NCPJ Spring Conference
The 2021 NCPJ Spring Conference Will be Held Virtually via Webinar
May 12, 2021
Mark your calendars! The NCPJ is excited to announce the Midyear Conference as a webinar on May 12, 2021 at 12 Noon Eastern Daylight Time!
Although the NCPJ Spring Conference in Tucson, Arizona has been rescheduled to Spring 2023 because of COVID restrictions, NCPJ will proceed with our first virtual conference.
The Conference speakers are from the National Academy of Eldercare Attorneys and they will address current topics that are important to probate judges across the country.
- Panel Discussion: A View of the Process for Incapacity and Guardianship Cases During the Pandemic. Speakers: Jennifer Vanderveen (IN), Shirley Whitenack (NJ), and Wendy Cappelletto (IL) Moderator Prof. Rebecca Morgan
- Jennifer Vanderveen: Use of E-Signatures, Witnessing, and the Potential Evidentiary Issues
- Wendy Cappelletto: How Guardians/Conservators are Able to Discharge Their Duties During the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Ed Boyer: Impact and Isolation of Restricted COVID Visitation Limitations on Guardians and Families
- Dr. Amber Gum: Isolation and Loneliness Among Older Adults During the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Peter Palumbo and Darryl Lynch, Oppenheimer: Ten Red Flags: What to Watch for When Reviewing Investments as Fiduciary
This is a challenging time and the NCPJ is addressing the concerns we face every day in the administration of our courts.